On Saturday 16th February P.U.M.A. hosted its annual International Open championships. Approximately 435 competitors from 6 Countries (England, Wales, Netherlands, Italy, USA and India) descended on Swindon for the day. The officials worked tirelessly to run 6 squares through a very long day.
Swain Taekwon-Do contributed 4 competitors – two students and two instructors. It was a great day with some very strong performances, and as ever we are very proud of our students who entered.
- This was Daniel’s second competition, and earned himself a Silver Medal in sparring!
- David was in his first competition, and earned himself a Bronze Medal in sparring!
- Mrs Swain earned a Gold Medal in patterns, and then spent the day as one of P.U.M.A.’s coaches for the rest of the day
- Mr Swain earned a Gold Medal in patterns, and then spent the day as a Referee.
We would love to see many more students testing themselves with competitions, and there are plenty of opportunities coming up to develop your skills, including:
- Red & Black Belt Training – 17 March
- Point Stop & Team Championships – 24 March
- PUMA Squad training – 31 March
- Spring Junior Championships – 28 April
- PUMA Squad training – 5 May
- Carl van Roon Seminar – 11 May